Staffordshire 68.13 Brades Village 1902 - published 1991; introduction by Mary Bodfish
This detailed map covers the western part of Oldbury, Brades Village, Rounds Green and the rather bleak mining area to the west. It has much of interest, especial for those interested in the mining and industrial history of the area.
Features include Brades Village, Birmingham Canal (Wolverhampton Level and Old Line), GWR Oldbury Branch with Oldbury station and Goods station, Portway Brick Works, Little Fields, Shidas Lane Brick Works, Alston Brick Works, Rounds Green, St James church, Oldbury Boiler Works, Globe Brick Works, Brades Steel Works, Bury Hill Park, Griffin Iron Foundry, Brades Brick Works, Gower Brick Works, Brandon Colliery, Brades Farm, Grace Mary Collieries with tramway, Gipsy Lane with area known as City, Hange Brick Works, Darby's Hill, quarries with tramway, Hange Collieries, tramway, Bradeshall Locks etc. On the reverse we include extracts from an Oldbury directory.